Do you ever wish you had a pediatrician with a strong allopathic and research background who:
- You could also trust for information on nutrition, herbs, and supplements and who knows the best of both worlds, mainstream and holistic, Western and Eastern medicine?
- Knows that pharmaceutical treatments are not the only answers for all childhood problems and knows how to use other, safe and effective options?
- Believes in the healing power of loving kindness, conscious speech, purity of heart, and compassionate action?
If you do, Dr Alina Olteanu is here to provide you a trustworthy perspective on pediatric health that it’s rare to find anywhere else.
Dr. Alina Olteanu is the founder and president of “Whole Child Pediatrics of North Texas”. She is the only pediatrician in the DFW area trained through the prestigious Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, founded by Dr Andrew Weil. She is board-certified in pediatrics but also in integrative medicine through the American Board of Physician Specialties and the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine. She holds a PhD in Chemistry from the University of North Carolina, in Chapel Hill. She did her pediatric residency at Baylor College of Medicine, in Houston, Texas and received her medical degree from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
She has extensive knowledge about herbs, supplements, homeopathy, aromatherapy, functional medicine, energy medicine, mind-body medicine, Ayurveda, and Traditional Chinese Medicine, which she practices in combination with traditional, allopathic medicine.
Dr Alina recognizes that the current medical system is imperfect and it often fails patients by its focus on disease management, rather than health promotion and disease prevention. She knows that the epidemic of childhood chronic diseases is preventable and even reversible, mainly through a better diet, a more balanced lifestyle, and reducing stress and harmful environmental exposures. At the same time, she respects the amazing advances of traditional medicine, including vaccines, and she recommends antibiotics and other pharmaceutical treatments when necessary.
She practices what many people call integrative medicine, but she prefers to call it just being a good, caring doctor. As an innovator in the health care revolution, she is passionate about transforming the current medical system that over-diagnosis and over-medicates children, into a model of care that integrates the belief in the innate healing capacities of the body and nature.
Dr Alina speaks several languages (Romanian, Spanish, German) and has a special interest in nutrition, childhood behavioral problems, autism, ADHD, allergies, eczema, asthma, and epigenetics.
Her past accomplishments include, but are not limited to:
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Fellowship in Primary Pediatric Mental Health at Mayo Clinic
- Chopra Center trained meditation instructor in primordial sound meditation
- Training in pediatric functional medicine
- Selected as “Mom Approved Doctor” – Dallas Fort Worth “Child” magazine
- Selected as “Woman of the Year” – New Orleans “City Business” Magazine
- “Local Hero” award – AAP Section of Community Pediatrics
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Tulane School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA
- Medical Director at New Orleans Children’s Health Project – Department of Pediatrics, Tulane School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA