It’s February, that time of the year when I’m craving sunshine and viruses-free days. Every single day, the clinic is filled with little ones and occasionally their run-down parents and grandparents with runny noses, cough, and fever.
Despite my efforts to stay healthy, the viruses got me this week. I dread being sick, especially with some kind of breathing problems!
As soon as I started noticing the first symptoms I implemented my “magical formula” or integrative medicine approach to fighting viruses:
- Lots of rest – perhaps the hardest thing to do but also the most important one, as the body needs all its resources to heal.
- Plenty of liquids: water, chicken soup and bone broth, herbal tea with tons of honey and lemon, kambucha and green juice (my favorite mix has apple, lemon, celery, kale, and spinach)
- Hot baths with Epson salts
- Diffuser with essential oils
- Nutritional supplements: vitamin D, vitamin C, probiotics N-acetyl-cysteine plus echinacea, elderberry, andrographis and pelargonium
- Homeopathic treatments: Oscilloccoccinum and Chestal cough syrup
- Repeat and get more rest!
Wishing you vibrant health,